maximize your sr&ed credits and operating cash
Venbridge’s SR&ED financing provides you with cash when you invest in the R&D. We can fund before you file or after you file your claim.
If you’re working with a SR&ED consultant, Venbridge is happy to work with them to quantify your SR&ED expenditure. Venbridge will also combine the consulting within the financing so you don’t have to worry about filing a claim at the end of the year.
SR&ED financing is the cornerstone of Venbridge. Our service is the best, fastest, and has more flexibility than any other speciality financing company.
for tech companies
how SR&ED financing works
- Venbridge will finance your filed or unfiled SR&ED credits
- Loan can be either a term loan or revolving credit facility
- We will work with your existing consultant, your internal team, and help you file a quality claim
- Minimum $100,000 SR&ED claim or $15,000 per month in SR&ED-eligible expenditures
- A three or more year track record of SR&ED filing
- If you don’t have significant revenue, we want to see significant investment in the company
- SR&ED is refundable
- Venbridge has a first priority security on the SR&ED and a general security agreement
- FAST: Receive funds in as little as 3 days
- COST EFFECTIVE: While there is a cost to the loan, if you compare it to the cost of equity, the loan is usually much less expensive
- SIMPLE: Standard loan documentation which is easy to understand
- Interest is accrued and paid only when the loan is repaid
- The term loan is repaid when the CRA issues a notice of assessment. The revolving loan continues in perpetuity and allows you to borrow against both your filed and unfiled SR&ED
there are three questions that determine eligibility
- What scientific or technological uncertainties did you attempt to overcome?
- What work did you perform to overcome the scientific of technological uncertainties?
- What scientific or technological advancements did you achieve?
The key to a successful claim is (a) clearly defining the answer to question #1, demonstrating that the solution was not readily available and (b) documenting the steps and time you took to address the issue.
estimate your sr&ed claim
SR&ED is one of the few assets a technology company can leverage for financing. At Venbridge we understand the challenges of growing technology companies.
Cashflow is critical whether you’re investing in R&D or expanding sales. Because the SR&ED program provides a refund, on average, 18 months after your first R&D expenditure, Venbridge will loan you the money to pay for the R&D engineers or expand your sales & marketing.
Considering the high cost of equity financing, debt financing is the perfect solution to many growing companies.